The following is an example of our health guarantee. This will be printed and signed and a copy made for you when you pick up your puppy.
Health Guarantee Contract
Your puppy will be current on puppy vaccinations and de-wormings. You will receive a shot and worming record with the puppy. First vaccination is given at 7 weeks of age. This puppy will need another vaccination every 3 weeks until a total of 4 puppy vaccinations have been given. Vaccinations should be given at 7, 10, 13 and 16 weeks of age.
As the new owner of this puppy, I agree not to take the puppy to public places or socialized with unvaccinated dogs until after the final vaccine is administered.
· I understand that worms and stress related issues such as giardia and coccidia are common with a new puppy and they are not a cause for refund or vet bills. They can manifest themselves in a puppy that feels stressed by going to a new home and new environment. They are easily treated and not a reason for concern.
· I understand this puppy shall be spayed or neutered by the new owner before13 months of age, and confirmation must be sent to Evergreen Doodles by the age of 14 months.
GENETIC DEFECTS UNDER THE HEALTH GUARANTEE:
· I understand that Evergreen Doodles fully guarantees this puppy for 2 years (from birth) to be free of the genetic defects all our dogs are given as required by the Premium Breeder Testing Requirements. The following genetic illnesses will be subject to compensation if all procedures are followed:
1) Hip and Elbow Dysplasia
~as diagnosed by OFA. OFA reports of moderate to severe dysplasia is warranting for refund or puppy replacement.
~Progressive Retinal Atrophy, glaucoma, microphthalmos, keratoconjunctivitis sick, entropion, ectropion, distichiasis, ectopic silica, imperforate lacrimal puncture, cartilage anomaly/eversion, gland prolapse, plasma, cornea dystrophy, pannus, pigmentary keratitis, uveal cyst, iris colomba, iris ipoplasia, iris sphincter dysplasia, pigmentary uveitis, uveal melanoma, PHPV/PHTVL, persistent hyaloid artery, or degeneration.
~Must be diagnosed by a veterinary ophthalmologist
~Any heart defects is warranting for refund or puppy replacement.
4) Von Willebrands Disease (vWd)
~Tested positive for Von Willedrands Disease is warranting for a refund or puppy replacement.
· I understand all testing and examinations are the sole responsibility of the new owner. Should one of the above listed defects be found, the purchaser has a choice from the following two options:
1) A refund of original purchase price of the puppy except the $300 non-refundable deposit.
2) A replacement puppy will be offered if the refund is not taken.
~As the purchaser you understand that a replacement puppy from the next available litter of our choice shall be placed with you.
~As the owner you are responsible for transportation or the returned puppy and replacement puppy.
· I understand this Refund or Replacement is only valid upon all completing of information.
· I understand that Evergreen Doodles require all veterinary conclusions from your own veterinarian plus another opinion from a secondary veterinarian of our choice at your own cost. All records, x-rays, exams, conclusions, vet certificates ect. are to be forwarded to Evergreen Doodles immediately following the initial diagnosis.
· I understand the hip and elbow guarantee shall be null and void if any of the following conditions apply: Your puppy is determined to have been overweight at any time, not desexed at appropriate age, involved in a serious fall, been hit by a car, allowed to go up and down stairs in excess prior to one year of age, or physically injured. You are now the central caregiver, and as such shall agree to care for this puppy to the best of your abilities.
· This contract is void if the dog is sold to anyone other than the above stated buyer.
If unforeseen problems arise and you cannot keep the puppy, we welcome the puppy back, but we will not reimburse you.